Getting Started With TimeTrax™
You will be asked to set and confirm an administrator password the first time you run the software. The password is case sensitive so be sure that you remember it or note it down somewhere. You will need this password to be able to log into the management areas of TimeTrax software. There's no way to retrieve the password from within the software so if you ever forget it you will need to contact our support staff to have it reset for you.
TimeTrax runs normally in non administrator mode, allowing basic time and attendance data collection and some reporting. To access all system and administrative functions in the software you must login as the administrator.
While you are logged into the software as the administrator you can create employee records. Use the setup Employees create new menu
This will form the master employee table which will be retrieving data from other tables like departments, country, city etc. This table will then form a consolidated database for each employee.
Get your Employees to Use TimeTrax
When you have configured TimeTrax to your liking it's time to get your employees to start using it. Once all the tables in the setup menu have been filled then the TimeTrax software is ready for use by the employees. They can view reports related to any relevant topic by using the report menu.
- Administrator forgets password:
Locate the TimeTrax database file and mail to our support staff. We will get back to you with your new password within 24 hours. As a matter of priority you should change the administrator password to something more secure than the default setting we have re-set it to.
- If an employee is unable to submit a leave application or view his leave register, the user has probably not been given a leave entitlement.
Follow the below given steps to solve this problem:
Setup employees leave
Add the list of employees which are entitled to a leave in the leave entitlement section.
- If a user is unable to access his account due to forgotten password or any other reason.
The admin will be able to retrieve it through his account by viewing the database of users.
- If an employee is unable to view his employee information report:
Refer to your admin since the most likely reason for this would be that the data for that particular employee has not been entered in the master employee table. To do so the admin will have to follow the steps below:
Employee Create new
This newly added employee should then be visible in the list section.
If the attendance register for an employee is showing just the in time and not the exit time or vice versa, or maybe it’s indicating a lesser than the actual count for the absentees then it maybe because the employee has forgotten to punch in the data at the TimeTrax device. It can be rectified by following the below given steps:
Activity manual attendance
- If a record fails to be saved there may be two possible reasons for this:
- Some mandatory fields may be missing. Ensure that any fields marked with an asterisk are properly filled.
- Inconsistency in the date formats might prevent a record from being saved. All dates must be in the dd/mm/yyyy format to ensure uniformity.
- If all the data has been correctly entered for a particular employee and still a report is not being generated then it may be because a roster hasn’t been assigned to the employee. to correct this problem follow the steps below:
Activity roster mapping department wise
If the above mentioned problems are not applicable to you then Email our support staff with your problem. Let us know what software package you are using, what version it is, and what the problem is. We will get back to you quickly with a solution!